Last updated on 4 October 2018
The Phillip Island & District Genealogical Society Inc. first became incorporated in 1991.
- The purpose of this society is “to promote, foster and practice all aspects of genealogical study”.
- This organisation is a "not for profit" organisation run by volunteers.
- Over the years the society has accumulated (by purchase or by donation) thousands of records on microfiche & CDs and has a library of books, catalogues and registers to assist community members wishing to research their family history.
- We run workshops for the community and volunteers run the research rooms and assist researchers.
- We also conduct research and have a range of research packages available.
- We produce a quarterly publication “Reflections”
- Committee Meetings are held once a month.
- Family Tree Maker workshops are held on the first Saturday of every second month beginning in February. We welcome anyone who uses the programmme or who would like to know more about the programme.
Providing assistance for researchers during National Family History Month and the 150 year Phillip Island Celebrations