Last updated on 15 May 2019
The Phillip Island & District Genealogical Society Inc. first became incorporated in 1991.
- The purpose of this society is “to promote, foster and practice all aspects of genealogical study”.
- This organisation is a "not for profit" organisation run by volunteers.
- Over the years the society has accumulated (by purchase or by donation) thousands of records on microfiche & CDs and has a library of books, catalogues and registers to assist community members wishing to research their family history.
- We run workshops for the community and volunteers run the research rooms and assist researchers.
- We also conduct research and have a range of research packages available.
- We produce a quarterly publication “Reflections”
- Committee Meetings are held once a month.
- Family Tree Maker workshops are held on the first Saturday from 1.30pm to 4.00pm of every second month beginning in February. We welcome anyone who uses the programmme or who would like to know more about the Family Tree Maker programme to come along.
- A Brick Wall Discussion Group is held on the first Saturday in March and then every second month through-out the year.
Providing assistance for researchers undertaking family history research by offering the use of the vast research tools and programs available at our research rooms.