Last updated on 9 November 2017
The Phillip Island & District Genealogical Society Inc. first became incorporated in 1991.
- The purpose of this society is “to promote, foster and practice all aspects of genealogical study”.
- This organisation is a not for profit organisation run by volunteers.
- Over the years the society has accumulated (by purchase or by donation) thousands of records on microfiche & CDs and has a library of books, catalogues and registers to assist community members wishing to research their family history.
- We run workshops for the community and volunteers run the research rooms and assist researchers.
- We also conduct research and have a range of research packages available.
- We produce a quarterly publication “Reflections”
- Committee Meetings are held once a month.
- Family Tree Maker workshops are held on the first Saturday of every second month. The next date will be Saturday 2 December 2017, followed by Saturday 3 February 2018. We welcome anyone who uses the programmme or who would like to know more about the programme.
Conservation and Digitization of Phillip Island Rate Books.