Last updated on 15 February 2019
The Phillip Island & District Genealogical Society Inc. first became incorporated in 1991.
- The purpose of this society is “to promote, foster and practice all aspects of genealogical study”.
- This organisation is a "not for profit" organisation run by volunteers.
- Over the years the society has accumulated (by purchase or by donation) thousands of records on microfiche & CDs and has a library of books, catalogues and registers to assist community members wishing to research their family history.
- We run workshops for the community and volunteers run the research rooms and assist researchers.
- We also conduct research and have a range of research packages available.
- We produce a quarterly publication “Reflections”
- Committee Meetings are held once a month.
- Family Tree Maker workshops are held on the first Tuesday evening from 7.00pm to 9.00pm of every second month beginning in February. We welcome anyone who uses the programmme or who would like to know more about the Family Tree Maker programme to come along. Car pooling can be arranged for those who prefer not to drive in the evening.
- A Brick Wall Discussion Group is held on the first Saturday in March and then every second month through-out the year.
Providing assistance for researchers during National Family History Month and the 150 year Phillip Island Celebrations assisting with new family history queries resulting from the celebrations